Five Winners of the 2022 America’s DataHub Innovation Challenge Announced at Defense TechConnect Innovation Summit & Expo
WASHINGTON (PRWEB) — September 28, 2022 — Advanced Technology International (ATI), TechConnect and America’s DataHub Consortium (ADC) today announced the five winners of the 2022 America’s DataHub Innovation Challenge. Selected from a field of 18 finalists, winners were presented a total $50,000 in cash prizes at theDefense TechConnect (DTC) Innovation Summit & Expo, the nation’s largest annual gathering of non-traditional, dual-use emerging technologies aligned with government priority requirements.
Each winner presented its innovation during the conference’s “Shark Tank”-style pitching; finalists were given eight minutes to present to industry and government leadership aligned with participating contracting vehicles.
The five winners and their innovations are:
- Candelytics, Inc., Cambridge, Mass.: A 3D data integration platform for storing, managing and sharing 3D data across multiple devices that uses data compression and tiling algorithms to achieve a 10x savings on data storage.
- Duality Technologies, Hoboken, N.J.: A single platform for multiple privacy enhancing technologies that provides end users with added security and new ways to leverage disparate data sets, including training and tuning artificial intelligence/machine learning models, performing secure queries and statistical analysis.
- Kinnami Software Corporation, Braintree, Mass.: A resilient hybrid data fabric for devices at the computing edge – such as satellites, IoT, drones, autonomous systems, data centers and the cloud – that features a distributed peer-to-peer data management and security software platform to enable holistic management of data protection, data availability and data security.
- Knexus Research Corp., National Harbor, Md.: A high utility data synthesizer, powered by machine learning, that preserves both privacy and utility by generating a de-personalized version of sensitive data for retaining, reusing and sharing.
- Ubicquia, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.: A web-based analysis and cloud management tool called UbiVu that provides real-time data and insights about energy usage, air quality levels and operational status of Ubiquia deployments, which leverage existing infrastructure to make cities smarter, safer and more connected.
DTC’s America’s DataHub Innovation Challenge aligns with ADC, which represents the National Science Foundation’s National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics (NCSES). This year’s challenge featured several areas of interest, including innovative tools of new data integration and distribution solutions, data linking and data security, and privacy. Administrators of the challenge encouraged applications from transformative innovators representing dual-use solutions for both civilian and national security applications.
DTC features six Innovation Challenges in energy and infrastructure, medical and biodefense, autonomy and air mobility, data and digital transformation, security and intelligence, and training and readiness. This year’s six challenges attracted nearly 800 submissions competing for a total $500,000 in cash prizes and access to more than $50 billion in prototype-level contracting authority for government customers.
Held Sept. 27-29, 2022, at Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center in National Harbor, Md., DTC is the nation’s largest annual gathering of non-traditional, dual-use emerging technologies aligned with government priority requirements. The winner of each Innovation Challenge, in addition to a cash prize, is invited to join a consortium led by DTC’s parent company, ATI, the country’s leading technology consortium management firm and one of the single largest funders of prototype-level innovations for its government customers and the nation.
About Defense TechConnect
The Defense TechConnect (DTC) Innovation Summit & Expo is the nation’s largest annual gathering of non-traditional, dual-use emerging technologies aligned with government priority requirements. A unique bridge between private sector innovation, commercialization and government acquisition, DTC accelerates the identification and deployment of novel technologies through rapid access of vetted startups and emerging academic and federal lab innovations. In its 10th year accelerating innovation for the nation and America’s Warfighter, DTC features 500 innovations and exhibitors and is one of the most well-attended defense innovation conferences of the year. DTC’s attendees include military leadership, more than 250 DoD/SES/PEO scouts, representatives from over 50 contracting offices and hundreds of active duty service members. DTC is proud to be one of the original innovation hubs to support the Department of Defense and its missions. For more information, visit https://events.techconnect.org/DTCFall.
With 25+ years of experience connecting emerging technologies with unique funding and partnership opportunities, TechConnect boasts the most robust research and innovation network in the world. It employs a broad scope of tools to deliver top technologies, including open innovation programs, conferences, and open-access publications. Each year, TechConnect prospects, vets, and connects thousands of emerging technologies with corporate, investment, municipal, and national defense clients. TechConnect is a division of Advanced Technology International. techconnect.org
About Advanced Technology International
ATI, a public-service nonprofit based in Summerville, S.C., builds and manages collaborations that conduct research and development of new technologies to solve our nation’s most pressing challenges. Fueled by a community of experts from industry, academia, and government, ATI accelerates impact by using the power of collaboration to help the federal government quickly acquire novel technologies. ATI is a subsidiary of Analytic Services, Inc. (ANSER), a public-service research institute organized as a nonprofit corporation, which is dedicated to informing decisions that shape the nation’s future. ATI.org